WHAT WE DO
Torrey Capital Group is an alternative investment consulting and marketing firm
Our clients are best-of-breed alternative investment management firms focused in such areas as opportunistic real estate and creative business lending strategies. We help them achieve their short term and long term capital raising goals.
Our approach is flexible based on client needs and our services include forming and executing a marketing plan, structuring offering terms, advising on best practices, and introduction of prospective investors and strategic relationships.
Torrey Capital Group sources capital for sponsors primarily focused on real estate and alternative investment strategies.
When investing, we believe that building strong relationships with your partners is equally important as getting great investment returns. This results in confidence and conviction for the long term. We strive to build and foster these relationships with our Sponsors and the investors we introduce them to.
The Sponsors whom we work with share the following characteristics which make them stand out over their peers:
- Have long and successful track records
- Are transparent in all their business practices
- Are nimble and sized appropriately to be responsive to market changes
- Have access to proprietary deal sourcing based on reputation, relationships, and expertise
- Are very responsive and have deep teams of support staff
- Have minimal real and perceived conflicts of interest with investors
- Have meaningful ‘skin in the game’
- Have minimal turnover and long tenured executives
- Have excellent investor relations reporting and other communication
- Exhibit high character and integrity
- Apply best practices in areas of risk management and portfolio construction
Founder and President
Mr. Prasad leads the Firm’s capital raising efforts on behalf of proven managers specializing in real estate, private equity, and hedge funds.
Prior to launching Torrey Capital Group, Mr. Prasad was an executive at a private equity real estate firm, where he focused on building the Firm’s relationships with RIAs, family offices, high net worth individuals, and the institutional investment community. Mr. Prasad previously spent years on Wall Street trading equities and also marketing hedged investments and arbitrage strategies to institutional investors. Mr. Prasad has directed over $2 billion in assets during his career.
Prior to working in the financial services industry, Mr. Prasad played a key executive/sales role in an internet start-up company and also worked for Ernst & Young as a management consultant. Mr. Prasad graduated with a BS in Systems Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania with a concentration in Finance and Management. Rana is a frequent public speaker on the topic of real estate and alternative investments. Mr. Prasad currently holds the Series 7, 24, 55, 63, and 79 registrations with FINRA.
If you wish to grow a forest, you must first plant a seed.
Our experienced team is ready to work with you.